Brigade Quartermasters, Ltd. - Field Gear

05 June 2008

Secretary of the Air Force Resigns

Since November 3, 2005, it has been my privilege to serve this country as the 21st Secretary of the Air Force. I have relished the opportunity President Bush gave me to lead the strongest Air Force in the world during a time of war, and I have marveled at the tremendous accomplishments of our Airmen and civilians in their valiant defense of this country and its interests. It has been an honor and pleasure to serve as their Secretary while working side-by-side with General Moseley and the magnificent patriots serving in the Department of Defense and the United States Government to win today's fight, take care of our people, and prepare for tomorrow's challenges.

Recent events convince me that it is now time for a new leader to take the stick and for me to move on. Therefore I plan to tender my resignation to Secretary Gates. Even as I do, my heart, my thoughts, and prayers remain with America's Airmen who will continue to do magnificent things for this great country.


Michael W. Wynne
Secretary of the Air Force

No comments: